Were you accused of violating the terms of your probation in Indianapolis, Indiana? If you do nothing, you’ll find yourself behind bars before you know it. So, it’s critical to enlist the help of an experienced Indianapolis probation violation lawyer from Suhre & Associates, LLC, today. Call our law office at (317) 759-2599 to arrange a time to meet with our skilled attorneys today. Your first consultation is free.
How Suhre & Associates, LLC Can Help You Fight Claims That You’ve Violated the Terms of Your Probation
Violating probation terms – or being accused of breaching your agreement – means that your future is in jeopardy. You need to defend yourself if you want to avoid the harsh consequences that are on the horizon. Enlisting the services of a seasoned Indianapolis criminal defense lawyer from Suhre & Associates, LLC, is a smart first step in your battle.
At Suhre & Associates, LLC, our attorneys have 100+ years of collective experience representing clients just like you against these types of serious criminal charges. You can trust that we’ll do everything in our power to help you.
This will include:
- Launching an investigation into the allegations of the state
- Putting together a smart defense strategy for your case
- Offering you honest answers to any questions you might have
- Providing you with sound legal advice throughout your case
- Helping you understand how the Indiana justice system works
- Helping you avoid making costly errors during your case
- Protecting your rights as a citizen of the United States
- Searching for evidence that disproves the state’s case
- Consulting with relevant experts about the details of your case
- Presenting evidence and arguing on your behalf at trial, if needed
Don’t try to fight back against the accusations of the state of Indiana on your own. Reach out to the knowledgeable probation violation attorneys at Suhre & Associates, LLC, for all the legal advice you need to take care of your case in the right way. We have years of experience in the industry and are always ready to help our neighbors in Indianapolis.
An Overview of Probation Violations in the State of Indiana
When Indiana residents commit minor drug or theft crimes, courts often opt to sentence them to a term of probation instead of throwing them in jail or prison. However, probation is not a get out of jail free card. People who commit a criminal offense and receive a penalty of this nature must report to a probation officer and follow a strict set of rules.
A brief list of some of the most common regulations people on probation have to follow would include:
- Regular drug testing
- Mandatory drug treatment
- Mandatory alcohol treatment
- Home visits
- Ankle monitoring
If defendants follow the terms of their probation, they can continue to live at home and spend time with their family and friends. However, when they violate their rules, they may get into a lot of trouble.
The most common ways Indiana residents violate their probation orders include:
- Testing positive for alcohol
- Testing positive for drugs
- Failing to submit to regular testing
- New criminal charges
- Leaving the state without permission
- Violating curfew
- Leaving home without permission
Is the state of Indiana charging you with violating probation? If so, please contact a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney from Suhre & Associates, LLC. We are ready, willing, and able to help you battle for your freedom.
What Are the Penalties for Violating Probation in Indiana?
Judges in Indiana do not take probation violations lightly. When offenders break the rules set out for them by the court, they can face a wide variety of severe punishments, such as:
- Probation revocation
- Additional jail time
- Hefty fines
- More frequent drug tests
- Stricter check-in requirements
- Additional counseling
Is the state of Indiana threatening to revoke your probation because of a violation it believes you committed? If so, you need the assistance of the skilled Indianapolis criminal defense attorneys at Suhre & Associates, LLC. We have a proud history of standing up for the residents of Indianapolis when they need it most – and we are ready to do the same for you.
What Are the Best Defenses Against Probation Violation Accusations?
Indiana residents often believe that the state accusing them of violating the terms of their probation order makes it inevitable that they will go to jail or face other severe penalties. In reality, however, matters are rarely quite so grim.
Indianans can often escape from these precarious situations without any punishments by using the following defense strategies:
- Medical Emergency: Defense attorneys can often help their clients avoid penalties for missed drug tests and check-ins by proving that they had a medical emergency.
- Testing Errors: It is sometimes possible for lawyers to help clients escape punishment for failed drug and alcohol tests by proving that the testing machine was broken or flawed.
- Mistaken Identity: Accusations of probation violations often stem from reports made by witnesses. When lawyers can show that an eye witness mistakenly identified their client, they generally have little trouble getting the case against them thrown out of court.
Would you like to have a knowledgeable lawyer from Suhre & Associates, LLC, review the state’s charges against you and help you figure out which defense strategy you should use? Then please give us a call today to set up an initial consultation at our Indianapolis law offices and take the first step toward building a strong attorney-client relationship.
Your Knowledgeable Indianapolis Probation Violation Lawyer
Do you need a little help fighting back against the allegations of the state of Indiana? Then please do not hesitate to reach out to a knowledgeable Indianapolis probation violation lawyer from Suhre & Associates, LLC. We have the experience and skill required to handle your care with the care it deserves.
Our Indianapolis Criminal Defense Law firm also provides:
- Domestic Violence Attorney in Indianapolis
- Drug Crime Attorney in Indianapolis, In
- Homicide Lawyer in Indianapolis, In
- Indianapolis Assault Defense Lawyer
- Indianapolis Drug Possession Lawyer
- Indianapolis DUI Attorneys
- Indianapolis Burglary Lawyer
- Indianapolis Prostitution Defense Attorneys
- Indianapolis Sexual Assault Lawyer
- Marijuana Crimes Lawyer in Indianapolis, In
- Sex Crimes Attorneys in Indianapolis In
- Shoplifting Attorney in Indianapolis, In
- Theft Crimes Lawyers in Indianapolis, In
- Weapons Charges Lawyer in Indianapolis, In